Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default Week Commencing 30 March

Rare mid-week round for me - another round under 80! 42/36 for 78 (8 over) and 40 points off 12. Played poor out the front, but 2 birdies out the back (both 4 pointers) helped offset a 3 putt and a penalty...That is 5 rounds under 80 this year after not breaking 80 for 3.5 years...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

+5 in a par event at lynwood today
    Which was an 81 off the stick and a PB
    Handicap still heading in the right direction
    Driver: titliest 913D3 with oban revenge

Fairway: tourstage xfw type T 17deg with
    Quattrotech MD7s

Hybrid:XR pro 20deg with project x 6.0
    yamaha 24deg with rombax 100HB x

Irons : Yamaha inpres 410v with steelfiber i95 3-pw stiff

Wedges: bridgestone WC Design 52
    Bridgestone j40 58

Putter: Nike MC04W

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Decided to have a hit today, so played my home club, The Vines. Very windy and bloody cold too first thing, even had to borrow a jumper as mine wasn't in it's usual place stuffed in my golf bag!?

Anyway, 17pts front nine, then a 3 followed by a 2 pointer through 11, (reasonably happy at this point in time), then FOUR consecutive wipes! At least I suppose I did set a new personal record for the day, never had 4 on the trot before Thing is I didn't feel that I played that badly to make my score card look so horrible, but the scores don't lie. Finished with 3x 2 pointers for a grand total of 28 points - oh well, still beat being at work on a Friday.

Good Friday 4 Ball Stab in Dubbo today - 40/41 for 81 off 12 - 38 points. Really poor start (Par-Triple-Bogey-Double) to recover for 18 points (par the rest of the way in). Three-putted the last hole to miss breaking 80 which was disappointing.

Should get my exact handicap below 11 (10.7 or so). I think the good thing is that I'll have plenty of time to figure out how to play off 11 or 12 - I don't lose a flagged round for 11 rounds!
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35”, LA Golf Soho)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

We'll have to teach you how to post your ordinary rounds, Alex, not just your good ones.

If I only posted good ones I wouldn't post here at all, or alternatively I'd make an incomplete post, because I can't seem to play well for all 18 holes. Another frustrating 35 points at Ballina today, with three three-putt double bogeys and 11 pars in my first 14 holes, then a bit of a late collapse, highlighted by a buried lie in a wet bunker where I could barely see the ball. Wipe City on that one.

Still, I'm waiting with baited breath for the final result to see if my pro-pin held up. I need the pro-shop credit to pay for a lesson, I think.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    +5 in a par event at lynwood today
    Which was an 81 off the stick and a PB
    Handicap still heading in the right direction
    Well done mate.

I played cabra today. 33points.

Played well I stretches again tofay but just didn't hit enough good shots. Putter well without luck as I had a few massive lipouts.

Stats
    1 x birdie
    6 x GIR
    1 x 3 putts
    30putts.

36 points today at Bankstown.
    in the bag
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo
    RBZ tour spoon BT8M3 stiff
    HB 910 19deg Matrix O white x stiff
    Wilson staff FGV6 Tour Forged irons
    wedges trusty tour 50; 54; 58
    SC FB no1 or SC red X
    and stuff in the pocketsT7M3 S

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    We'll have to teach you how to post your ordinary rounds, Alex, not just your good ones.If I only posted good ones I wouldn't post here at all, or alternatively I'd make an incomplete post, because I can't seem to play well for all 18 holes.
    Next time I have an ordinary round I promise I'll post it I've been on a bit of a tear - I have flagged rounds from 8 of my last 9 and I've only just started posting my rounds...(Probably medal next weekend I'd suggest...)
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35”, LA Golf Soho)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Had 42 points today around royal Jindalee, preferred lie and bunkers out of play mean it won't be handicapped but still pretty stoked about shooting square.
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Had 42 points today around royal Jindalee, preferred lie and bunkers out of play mean it won't be handicapped but still pretty stoked about shooting square.
    Nice work mate, noe to buy some clubs to celebrate!!!

You know I already did before the round

You know I already did before the round
    That was so this morning, u need an afternoon fix....maybe so recoil iron shafts

Damn saw those, chasing virge about a sldr 3 wood

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Damn saw those, chasing virge about a sldr 3 wood
    Excellent choice, sir!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Managed to piece together a good score today. Put a few of my tee shots in less than desirable places which meant there was a bit of scrambling involved. I kept the slate clean as far as wipes go which was a nice change. Finished solidly too instead of wiping the last 2 or 3 holes as I often seem to do.

5 doubles
    3 bogeys
    7 pars
    3 birdies
    39 points (16/23)
    82 off the beater which is my best to date around Secret Harbour.

Will be interesting to see how close this one gets me to dropping the cap below 10.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

38 points at Reddy in the slop today. 16 points on the front, with 3 one pointers. Played a lot better on the back 9, 41 off the stick for 22 points. Round 2 tomorrow if we get no more rain.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Major Winner

Couple rounds this holiday period at Maryborough.

Friday 3 April. Single Stab with Shane788 and Timah. Played very well around the 1st 2/3s of the course, +4 through 12. Wheels fell off with some ordinary driving to finish 83 off the stick for 35pts.

1st run for RBZ tours with Super Peening Blue, and Srixon Z545 driver with Harrison Striper H2 shaft. Both very excellent additions to the stable.

20/15 35pts
    1x triple
    2x double
    7x bogey
    8x par
    6/13 FIR
    3 GIR
    1x 3putts
    30 putts

Saturday 4 April. Stroke monthly medal. Original group at 8:30 cancelled when visitors pulled out. Rescheduled to 12:15. Played the front very poorly. a Double on 6, and a quad on 8 hiting a booming draw into the piss. Played the back nine in +3 to play to handicap. Shot of the day was 190m hybrid to 3i on 18.

Took the Covert Forged/Steelfiber irons out today. Massive difference going from 125g iron shafts to 95g iron shafts. Pulled everything for the front nine, but adjusted tempo accordingly to hit a number of good iron shots on the back.

83/70
    1x quad
    1x double
    8x bogey
    7x par
    1x birdie
    5/13 FIR
    3 GIR
    0x 3putts
    28putts

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Played monthly medal today, 74 for 72 nett first time I have played off a 2 handicap.

Chopped it again today with 32pts (16/16) off 11.

Played some good holes and some awful holes, just too inconsistent. The worst part was the 2 putts from well inside 3 feet that I missed due to lack of concentration.

Looking forward to 36 holes on Monday!
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

41 points yesterday at Oxley. I could not believe how wet the course was. Even par. Found out after the round it was lift, clean and place. I could have done with that on a few holes. Played to 1. New cap 3.8.

Played with 2 old mates and I'm glad I don't play much golf with them anymore. They are just way to slow!!! We had no one in from of is and still took over 4.5hours for a round. Playing slow players really affects my game....I need to find a way to play better when I'm in an slow group as they do my head in.

Anyway once again hit the ball OK in stretches and hole some putts but made what too many errors going out for only 13 points.

After 3 putting the first for a double and them bogeying 2, I played 1 under thr rest of the way in. I also lipped out from just off the green on 9, for 19points and 32 total.

It was also a strange round on the greens with 4 x 3 putts and 8 x 1 putts.

Stats
    1 x birdie
    8 x 1 putts
    4 x 3 putts
    30 putts
    5 x GIR

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    41 points yesterday at Oxley. I could not believe how wet the course was. Even par. Found out after the round it was lift, clean and place. I could have done with that on a few holes. Played to 1. New cap 3.8.
    Well played ash

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Played with 2 old mates and I'm glad I don't play much golf with them anymore. They are just way to slow!!! We had no one in from of is and still took over 4.5hours for a round. Playing slow players really affects my game....I need to find a way to play better when I'm in an slow group as they do my head in.Anyway once again hit the ball OK in stretches and hole some putts but made what too many errors going out for only 13 points. After 3 putting the first for a double and them bogeying 2, I played 1 under thr rest of the way in. I also lipped out from just off the green on 9, for 19points and 32 total.It was also a strange round on the greens with 4 x 3 putts and 8 x 1 putts. Stats1 x birdie8 x 1 putts4 x 3 putts 30 putts5 x GIR
    That sucks bihn but good comeback. Let me know when you figure it out as it does my head in as well

Default Week Commencing 30 March

30 points with 3 wipes today at The Vines. Got round in 3 hrs 15 mins as it was so quiet. Lots of people staying away because of the rain, which also stayed away.

Lowlights: a 4 putt on 17 after hitting the green in 2. 2 missed 1 footers (not same hole!) due to lack of concentration. Still not parring 13 and 17 despite decent tee shots

Highlights: Driver behaving itself. Recovering to get 5 for 1 after hitting my first into the yum yums on 14. Still liking the S56s too

Thread Information