Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    30 points with 3 wipes today at The Vines. Got round in 3 hrs 15 mins as it was so quiet. Lots of people staying away because of the rain, which also stayed away.

Lowlights: a 4 putt on 17 after hitting the green in 2. 2 missed 1 footers (not same hole!) due to lack of concentration. Still not parring 13 and 17 despite decent tee shots

Highlights: Driver behaving itself. Recovering to get 5 for 1 after hitting my first into the yum yums on 14. Still liking the S56s too
    Any meow noises while this was happening.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by HatchmanSS76 View Post
    Any meow noises while this was happening.
    No but there should have been. The first was way way short. Second 3ft past. 3rd just past. 4th was a tap in

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    No but there should have been. The first was way way short. Second 3ft past. 3rd just past. 4th was a tap in

Monday 6 April. Single Stab. Original group at 7:00 cancelled when visitors pulled out. Rescheduled to 12:00. Bit of a common theme here this week. Made the most of the late start ripping out a couple of big Yukka's out of the garden.

Took out the 3rd new set for the weekend. Cobra Bio Cell Driver, Covert 3w, dHy hybrid, i5's and MPT10 wedges.

Started poorly going double/double/bogey. Went bird/bird with some laser i5's, then par/bog/bog finishing with an i5 to 48cm on the par 3 ninth. Turned with 18pts (+4).

10/11/12 were scrappy pars, then some steady par/bogey golfthrough the end saw the back nine finish with 20pts.

Equipment notes:
    Modus 120 shafts ARE THE BEST STEEL SHAFTS MADE by a wide margin.
    Mizuno T series wedges ARE THE BEST WEDGES MADE, but only just over Scratch.

Golfer notes:
    Tried the Nike, the Srixon and the Cobra drivers in the last week. This golfer drives the ball like a busted arse!

80/68 - 18/20 38pts
    3x double
    7x bogey
    5x par
    3x birdie
    4/13 FIR
    5 GIR
    0x 3putts
    29putts

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Monday 6 April. Single Stab. Original group at 7:00 cancelled when visitors pulled out. Rescheduled to 12:00. Bit of a common theme here this week. Made the most of the late start ripping out a couple of big Yukka's out of the garden.

Took out the 3rd new set for the weekend. Cobra Bio Cell Driver, Covert 3w, dHy hybrid, i5's and MPT10 wedges.

Started poorly going double/double/bogey. Went bird/bird with some laser i5's, then par/bog/bog finishing with an i5 to 48cm on the par 3 ninth. Turned with 18pts (+4).

10/11/12 were scrappy pars, then some steady par/bogey golfthrough the end saw the back nine finish with 20pts.

Equipment notes:
    Modus 120 shafts ARE THE BEST STEEL SHAFTS MADE by a wide margin.
    Mizuno T series wedges ARE THE BEST WEDGES MADE, but only just over Scratch.

Golfer notes:
    Tried the Nike, the Srixon and the Cobra drivers in the last week. This golfer drives the ball like a busted arse!

80/68 - 18/20 38pts
    3x double
    7x bogey
    5x par
    3x birdie
    4/13 FIR
    5 GIR
    0x 3putts
    29putts
    545 no good mate????

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Well played DaveW and Bits, Binh, relax, drink beers and have a chat, life's good

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    545 no good mate????
    It's ok, no better or worse than the Nike or Cobra. Took the cobra out today to see if it was equipment or golfer.

Clearly its equipment, all my drivers suck!!

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Well played ash
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    That sucks bihn but good comeback. Let me know when you figure it out as it does my head in as well
    Will do mate but I can't see that happening soon....

Here is a example of one of being clueless about being slow. We have just played 2 holes and there was no one in front of us, I said to one of them "there is no one in front of us let's see if we can do a round in 4 hours." He goes I havent played a 4 hour round in ages.....gees I wonder why!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    Well played DaveW and Bits, Binh, relax, drink beers and have a chat, life's good
    Life is great mate. I got over it after about 8 holes and really disappointed in myself for letting it affect my game.

I was completely over it by the time we fished our round (1 putting 5 out of thr last 6 greens also helps brighten the mood) and I stopped in for some brers with other mates after the round as the boys took off as they had Easter commitments.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    I played cabra today. 33points.

Played well I stretches again tofay but just didn't hit enough good shots. Putter well without luck as I had a few massive lipouts.

Stats
    1 x birdie
    6 x GIR
    1 x 3 putts
    30putts.
    This was a good day, I enjoyed Cabra. And good job on your round.

Surprised that my score didn't improve, as I felt that my swing and striking had improved since my last comp round. Think I only shanked it once or twice :P

Either way, what makes it memorable is the playing group. You, Mark and Stuart are a good sort (no homo).

Thread Information