Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Happening! Saturday Feb 7th - Kapunda with Hatchman!

Due to not having a game planned for the weekend of 7th/8th February, (Vines closed Sunday and I am unable to play that day anyway as it's the All British Day at Echunga), I am looking at possibly venturing out to Kapunda for a drive and to catch up with HatchmanSS76 on Saturday 7th - anyone else interested?

I'd be leaving quite early to be there before their early comp cut-off time of 8.30am, so would be leaving my place at 6-6.30am.
    Last edited by nadg63; 30th January 2015 at 05:04 PM.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm near Marion. I reckon it's an hour to Gawler from here

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    I'm near Marion. I reckon it's an hour to Gawler from here
    About 15min more than it takes to get to Gawler Golf Club.

South rd, Port River Express Way, Port Wakefield Rd, Northern Express Way onto Gawler Bypass/Sturt Hwy, turn off onto Clare Valley Hwy turn right after 20m and follow it all the way to Kapunda and turn left when you get the BP and down the rd a bit it's next door to Trotting Track.

Once your past the lights on Regency Rd there's only 3 more sets of lights on Port Wakefield Hwy and you'd have to be unlucky to catch all 3 Red.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 5th February 2015 at 10:38 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

So just short of 90mins from here. Good job I do so love early starts!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Looking forward to this. I reckon I have hit about 600 balls last couple of days. Went to range on Thursday and usual lefties mat that I use was busy so went to one further down.

Now I had a 130 bucket of balls when I put bucket down noticed the auto tee thingy was full to the top. So hit my bucket then pulled as many as I could out of the auto tee thingy and hit them. While I was hitting them the auto thingy must have un jammed itself and all the balls flowed through to the tee so I hit them.

Today blow me down deja vu. My arms nearly fell off hitting draws

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Good day out again with the lads. Thanks Hatchy for the invite and hosting at Kapunda GC! My first time there. We managed to generally not upset the locals too much, although one member wasn't overly keen on our one group of 5, and something else. But that was soon sorted when nadg spat the dummy and pulled the plug after a few holes...heh. Can't remember all the scores but I had a net 71, there was a net 72 and a net 75....plus one other. So we all played pretty well today. Course was in pretty good condition, certainly the fairways were more lush than I expected, but the slowness of the greens was hard to come to terms with at times. Highballing struggled a little with a couple of bunkers, and coalesce was not faring too well with his green ball so he swapped to a blue ball and it came good! So from that point onwards the chant was "BLUE BALLS!!" every time he made a strike....lol

Nice clubhouse atmosphere at the end when they did the winner announcements, highballin with a $15 pub voucher and coalesce won a titty. I thought it was a bit rough for me to get a net 71 on a par 73 course and not even score a ball! But after a quick cry I got over it quickly. I was just happy to hit some fairways and not lose a ball : )

Thanks again hatchy, enjoyable day!
    Last edited by Chilled; 7th February 2015 at 06:47 PM. Reason: score update!

Jetspeed vs Turbulator

Round 1 to the Jetspeed

Every club has a few asses as members. There just happened to be one in the group behind today who thought he needed to make comment on some thing that wasn't an issue.
    We were off before the cut mark for the morning and had to wait for a spot on the tee so he was out of line opening his gob. As far as the 5 in group goes we had to wait for a 3 before teeing off every hole and to clear the green and they were behind the 4 in front.

Thanks to all for coming up for a look at my home track. It's a pity we have to let the greens get fury and slow during summer to cater for very hot days that can knock the crap out of the greens. Scores were fairly hot with the cut for the ball winners being 70.
    Good scores had by players that have never seen the course. Did my bit as a good host by describing where to go and then demonstrating where not to go saving myself for the race to Bonny round at Grange as I didn't waste any good ones today Battled hard for my nett 78.

Any time you can't get on your home track and looking for somewhere to have a hit your more than welcome back. The club house atmosphere you saw today is what we get every week.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 7th February 2015 at 06:44 PM.

W.I.T.B

Net 75 for me. Highlight being a "par" with my 3rd ball on a par 3.

Another 0.3 off the cap. 0.2 to go until I don't get any double bungers at my home course!

I also enjoyed Hatchman's multiple 3 jiggles and highballin was showing off with his draw all day. Oh and he missed the adjacent fairway with a cut

Will take you up on that Hatch during the year. Was good fun today.

Quote Originally Posted by highballin View Post
    Jetspeed vs Turbulator

Round 1 to the Jetspeed
    Was the Turbulator even in the same race ?

Great display of driving today by Highballin
    Last edited by Hatchman; 7th February 2015 at 06:47 PM.

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    Net 75 for me. Highlight being a "par" with my 3rd ball on a par 3.

Another 0.3 off the cap. 0.2 to go until I don't get any double bungers at my home course!

I also enjoyed Hatchman's multiple 3 jiggles and highballin was showing off with his draw all day. Oh and he missed the adjacent fairway with a cut
    3 in row after hitting that massive bock cut over into the race track. I made those 3 holes very special. Chuck in another 3 jiggle later just prove I still had it

W.I.T.B

The Turbulator had the better of the Nike covert previously. That's why I bought the Jetspeed

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Jetspeed vs Turbulator

Round 1 to the Jetspeed
    We started today? I thought we started weeks ago so I make it Turbulator 2, Jestspeed 1...haha

EDIT: Ohhhhhhh.....that was the covert? Ah yeah I kicked Nike ass.

Quote Originally Posted by HatchmanSS76 View Post
    Was the Turbulator even in the same race ?
    My 118m/hr swing speed was not fast enough to activate Turbulator technology which kicks in at 120m/hr+.......I blame the weather

HMSS76- the club is a credit to you all seeing as how it is run on a volunteer basis, and the prize-giving and banter in the Clubhouse afterwards was a good laugh. All were very friendly, (apart from the tosser in the group behind!), and went out of their way to welcome us all as your guests; I believe we all gave good feedback

On the actual prize-giving, for such a 'small' club it was quite surprising to see how many prizes were being given out, (at my home club you're lucky to score a ball outside of the top 3), and the prizes were pretty reasonable ones too - HB for instance got a $15 pub voucher for a NTP. The prizes available were quite innovative too, (to me anyway!), NTP, nominated birdie holes, eagle holes, all added a bit of encouragement. Glad none of us won the big trays of eggs though, doubt they would have made the trip home intact.

As for me, yep, I pulled the pin VERY early, two out of bounds, feeling a bit guilty about playing as a 5 and the rapidly rising heat tempted me to pack my gear away - still walked the rest of the round though, someone had to hold the flag! (as long as there was a shady tree nearby )

Thanks for hosting HMSS76, was worth the trip.

I've got to say today took me back 25yrs that's how I remember what a golf club should be. The guests were welcomed and the regulars obviously had good comraderie. When the prizes were handed out everyone was included in the presentation with lots of banter and laughs.

Like Nadg said its a credit to the club!

One tosser excluded

One tosser excluded
    Did he play a pinnacle by any chance? No.1 choice by Australia's leading bogan wankers

TC

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Did he play a pinnacle by any chance? No.1 choice by Australia's leading bogan wankers

TC
    Not sure what brand ball he was using but he sure was playing with himself.

W.I.T.B

Thread Information