Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member Monthly medal winner

Default Week commencing 28th July 2014

18 holes at The Glades for the first time today. Absolutely gorgeous and even finished with the same ball I started with. I played well and would have broken my handicap if I had played comp - although in a comp I probably would have topped a few into the drink. The last three holes are probably the best finishing holes I've ever played offering a nice mix of risk and reward.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by dunteachin View Post
    18 holes at The Glades for the first time today. Absolutely gorgeous and even finished with the same ball I started with. I played well and would have broken my handicap if I had played comp - although in a comp I probably would have topped a few into the drink. The last three holes are probably the best finishing holes I've ever played offering a nice mix of risk and reward.
    One of my favourite courses....so fun to play!!!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Grrr. The full story of my 33 points at Ballina today will not be told here. Perfect weather, course in great nick, pleasant playing partners. Why would someone be upset with 33 points?

See you in the Choke thread if you want to know.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

35 pts in the CoC individual stableford.

Bugger all fairways
    Bugger all greens
    A few too many putts.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Major Winner

Maryborough Pro Am this weekend. Friday's early start was delayed due to fog. First 4 holes it was foggy, and game sucked with it. Ended up getting back to 36 points with some decent scrambling.

Had the AD-BB6s in the Bio Cell for the first time, performed pretty good. Highlight was the 260m drive on the 18th, low light was the 230m draw into the piss on the 8th.

36pts 18/18 (87)
    7pars, 6 bogeys, 5 ergh
    4/13 fairways
    5 GIR
    32putts

Saturday dawned cool and clear, which meant we could start on time. Started much better with 3 pars and 2 bogeys off the bat. The driver was really working well today, didn't use it until my 5th hole (8th), and pumped it 260m straight over the water. The RocketBladez really performed as well, giving me more GIR than I have ever had. Most importantly was the Lajosi putter, nailed a lot of clutch putts to save par or bogey. Picked up a couple of birds, and finally wiped the last bogey off my 2014 eclectic. Only low light today was the 3 putt bogey on the par 5 15th.

Overall, gave me the best round I ever played, 78 of the stick. Came home as the B grade club house leader by 5 shots, though the afternoon field has a couple of lads who played awesome yesterday that are in with a shout.

45pts 20/25 (78 )
    2 birds, 7 pars, 8 bogeys, 1 double
    8/13 fairways
    8 GIR
    31putts

Cripes! Well played Champ. Great stuff.

Great round benno. It's great reading that and knowing all the holes too.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Well done Benno!

MM today 86 nett 73. Have played a lot better and had a lot worse.

39 putts 4x3putts, 1 shank from middle of fairway into the sh*t playing a safe second shot with a 7 iron on a par 5.

Did enough to get handicap back to 12 so back to A grade for a couple of weeks then an 80 is going to drop off.

On the plus side was a beautiful day. Played in great spirit lots of laughs even when we f*cked up. Mate played a cracking hybrid 200m into wind 2ft from pin and missed the birdie putt.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Well done, Benno. Great scoring.

Nice round benno! 45 points is a bushranger score

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

76/69 today, 2 birdies, 11 pars, 2 bogeys, 3 doubles
    28 putts, 8 GIR, 9 FW
    What could have been! Stood on the 15th tee 1 under the card and proceeded to finish, double, double, bogey, double!
    Finished runner up in A grade on a countback, won the best gross and also the $112 Super Pin (2nd shot on nominated Par 4).
    Walked away with $162 in Proshop vouchers and a .5 reduction in handicap to 5.5.
    BITS - that Cobra Bio Cell is a definite keeper - missed 3 fairways with driver all day, 2 by 6 inches!
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Well done, Benno. Great scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    Nice round benno! 45 points is a bushranger score
    Cheers! Got reminded of the burglary / banditry / bush rangering at presentation. Happy thing was, beat 6 pros and 12 A graders with my round today. Very happy.

Played a 4BBB match today and got thoroughly spanked - think it was 4&3 in the end but that scoreline flattered us. I worked out I would've shot low 90s - at best.

It didn't help we had a few little debates about rules. Our course is lucky to be playable today after this week's weather - there are something like 120 trees down across the course, GUR all over the show, bunkers out of play, etc.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Ok so I got a little excited and started a thread in the wrong forum, I'll post here properly instead

Pacific Golfer 4BBB challenge yesterday and managed to shake off recent poor form for a team 49 points. Had 38 personally and my partner 39 but it just came together as a team sensationally. 13 3 pointers and 5 2 pointers between us, we pretty much traded 3s all day. Drove the ball probably the best I have all year ... 57% fairways which is well above my usual. Critically though I don't think we missed a putt under 3m all day which is where the points really came from.

Royal Pines in October is the prize!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Ok so I got a little excited and started a thread in the wrong forum, I'll post here properly instead

Pacific Golfer 4BBB challenge yesterday and managed to shake off recent poor form for a team 49 points. Had 38 personally and my partner 39 but it just came together as a team sensationally. 13 3 pointers and 5 2 pointers between us, we pretty much traded 3s all day. Drove the ball probably the best I have all year ... 57% fairways which is well above my usual. Critically though I don't think we missed a putt under 3m all day which is where the points really came from.

Royal Pines in October is the prize!
    Geez Buzz great work ! Yep those putts are difference between ok score and great score like you had.

24 points including 7 wipes today - so it was either good or awful with no inbetween.

It was drives into trees and then blading/shanking from 80m or closer that was doing it today.

Sigh.

24 points is quite suckful, coalesce.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Seeing as tomorrow is a new week I'll only post the first 6 of my 8 rounds in 6 days.

Wednesday - City of Cairns individual stableford (team ball) - 35 pts
    Thursday AM - Paradise Palms Blue Tee Challenge - 89/82 (including a quad, triple & double)
    Thursday PM - Gordonvale GC individual stableford - 34 pts (including a double)
    Friday - City of Cairns 54 Hole Classic (Round 1) - 85/78 (including a quad, triple & double)
    Saturday - City of Cairns 54 Hole Classic (Round 2) - 88/81 (including 2 triples and 2 doubles)
    Sunday - City of Cairns 54 Hole Classic (Round 3) - 84/77 (including 3 doubles)

The blowout holes clearly did significant damage to my scoring ability.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    24 points is quite suckful, coalesce.
    No one knows that more than me.

Member Trainee Pro
    Blog Entries

Stableford and third place with 35 points 15 f9 and 20 on b9 good to get out and have a hit after a week of crap weather.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Play-Y...08017032583995
    You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?
    The Mighty Boosh

"as long as the ball goes forward, I'm happy"
    http://the-penguin-hunter-diaries.blogspot.com/

3 comp rounds last week.

Wednesday I played the Carbrook Shark Lake Challenge. Started well, but the omens were there early that it wasn't going to be my day. Started on 10, great drive left me with a short wedge in. My shot in landed in the hole, but spun out to about 20 feet, the Birdie putt lipped out! Lipped my par putt out on the next hole as well, ditto the 12th, and on it went. Ended up with a 93/81 for a disappointing score, given the way I was hitting the ball.

Friday we played the Black Marker Challenge at Reddie Bay, and I managed an 86/73. A couple of Birdies, but a couple of soft doubles spoilt what was generally a good ball striking. Managed to win the Pro's approach and finished in the top dozen or so (net 69 won the day).

On Saturday I played the Monthly Medal at Reddie Bay, and the good ball striking continued. I managed 3 birdies on some tough holes with some very good irons shots in. Again, a couple of soft doubles late spoilt what would have been a winning score. Ended up 3rd in B Grade with an 84/71 on a countback from the winner and 2nd place.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Played indooroopilly for a disappointing 94 (79 with my self appointed h'cap of 15 for now)

7 FIR
    6 GIR
    36 putts

Approach shots were horrible and i really blew quite a few strokes from 90-120 out.
    Havent played indro in over a decade so it was good to get eyes on it again.
    Greens were very fast.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

I won another monthly medal on Saturday. That's 2 in five months and 3 in the last two years. I'm not a handicap farmer, but after looking at my golflink you could be forgiven for thinking I am. Old blokes are grumbling in the clubhouse. I'm feeling a little bit guilty, even though I know these things are random and my game is unpredictable.

89/69, mostly bogies all the way around. Only 4 pars, one double and one triple, which is a really strange round for me. I topped two of the first three tee shots and got away with them, and that set the tone for the day. I probably could have done even better but I three-putted the last two greens. I guess my conscience got the better of me.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    I won another monthly medal on Saturday. That's 2 in five months and 3 in the last two years. I'm not a handicap farmer, but after looking at my golflink you could be forgiven for thinking I am. Old blokes are grumbling in the clubhouse. I'm feeling a little bit guilty, even though I know these things are random and my game is unpredictable.

89/69, mostly bogies all the way around. Only 4 pars, one double and one triple, which is a really strange round for me. I topped two of the first three tee shots and got away with them, and that set the tone for the day. I probably could have done even better but I three-putted the last two greens. I guess my conscience got the better of me.

Well done mate and nice pulling up at the end!!!

Well done, Larry.

Thread Information