Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarro View Post
    Why
    Not ?
    Something they taught me at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    I know what your saying but it is what it is for now. I haven't been here that long and I'm sick of hearing people complain about it. Must be painful for long term members hearing new people whinge about it. It's so easy to abide by that rule. If it was 365 days and 1000 posts, there might be cause for complaint but 40 posts and 40 days? It's so easy.
    If you are sick of people complaining about it why keep coming to this thread.

I am not sure anyone is really whingeing, more pointing out the obvious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Is a rule with multiple workarounds that aren't policed really a good rule. I think not.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    You're just making excuses. Stop complaining about it and get involved. It's not that hard. I'm glad there is the 40/40 rule. Gave me a chance to see how things work around here. If you post, people get to know you and that's the reason for the rule. It's that simple.
    Umm no! No excuses, i am making a valid point. I am also posting and contributing as you requested.

Rules are rules. ... if you don't like 'em....**** off !!
    A typical keyboard warrior response. The reason why this place gets such a great reputation? If thats the case i can see why your no longer a mod.
    The rules were also 150 posts at one stage, assuming people querying the rules is why it changed? No?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by driftn69 View Post
    Umm no! No excuses, i am making a valid point. I am also posting and contributing as you requested.
    If the rule was onerous, sure, make your point, but 40 and 40? Come on man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    If you are sick of people complaining about it why keep coming to this thread.

I am not sure anyone is really whingeing, more pointing out the obvious issues.
    My point is that I joined, I posted 40 times and was here for 40 days before I started a thread in the pro shop and, oh look, I'm not scarred for life. It didn't kill me. That's all.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Knock up a quite hello thread in the welcome forum. Maybe tell us what sports you are into or something to get things rolling on a better platform.

Post limit is 60 if you are a NSW Origin supporter!
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

If the only reason you joined here was to dump clubs in the pro shop,then be prepared for the 'keyboard warriors' to come out in force.

There are rules here....don't show up trying to change them...or worse still. ..cry about them being unfair.

You don't like....leave.....simple really.
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    That said, I also agree that new members can cop it a bit heavily around here sometimes, and I'm going to raise that with the mods.
    Not all new members cop it a bit heavily.

It's only those that choose to carry on like Jana Pitman or Bernard Tomic.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Not all new members cop it a bit heavily.

It's only those that choose to carry on like Jana Pitman or Bernard Tomic.
    or Adam Goodes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    or Adam Goodes
    What was all the drama with Adam Goodes OR? I don't follow the football much but heard he was not playing because he was getting booed or harassed at games or something?

In reality, most people don't even consider buying from new members, unless it is a pick up only situation or unless you are prepared to accept COD. You have a very small market to sell to.

Ahhhhh sigh. Ok. So if i come in here and post absolute crap 10x or 20x a day for a week or 2 then somehow i must be a much more trustworthy person
    No. Many of us have been posting crap every day for 10 years, and that's what makes this place awesome. So you either want to join in with this wonderful community of wankers or not. So far it looks like you fit right in, welcome.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Agreed

A typical keyboard warrior response. The reason why this place gets such a great reputation? If thats the case i can see why your no longer a mod.
    The rules were also 150 posts at one stage, assuming people querying the rules is why it changed? No?
    Multiquote ain't getting it done either

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Agreed

I hope u whinge enough times soon so I can buy your sldr hybrid!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Multiquote ain't getting it done either
    I was thinking that too. Golden opportunity missed.

Blog Entries

Noobs...
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    or adam goodes
    booooooooo

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Can't be long before TIQ makes a return.
    Forum needs more banter.

Anyway 17 more posts to go.

Getting exciting isn't it ?

Hope it's worth the wait ?
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default How many posts to post in the pro shop

We've listened to feedback and that's why the rule was changed from 150 posts to 40.

I don't think that's onerous. I've somehow managed 20k+ posts on Whirlpool as well as significantly more than 40 posts on lots of other forums, it's not too difficult. And most of them weren't complete dribble either.

Many people that do think it's onerous are the type we are trying to discourage from selling here (ie people who come just to use OzGolf as a free eBay). The pro shop is a perk of contributing, not Gumtree. And people here are typically less inclined to buy from someone they don't know anyway.

I know that sometimes people work around the rule by posting for sale stuff in other places. Generally when it's happened in the past we have hidden those posts. This past week we let one slide because the person in question seemed to be making an effort to contribute. We really can't win when some people say it's too onerous and then other people say we shouldn't allow any leeway. Bottom line is we have clarified the rules a bit to try and close those loopholes and make it clearer what we're trying to achieve - again, based on feedback.

Please don't jump all over new members or be rude to them about it. If they're breaking the rules, report it and we'll deal with it. There really has been way too much of this lately and I feel like if it keeps going then I (and the other mods) might have to get the nazi mod jackboots out and start deleting a lot of posts.

If you are a new member and you want to complain about the rules, you can do it here but I think the majority of users here probably agree with the intent of the rule even if they may not necessarily entirely agree with the execution.
    Last edited by BenM; 19th August 2015 at 09:53 PM. Reason: ff
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    We've listened to feedback and that's why the rule was changed from 150 posts to 40.

I don't think that's onerous. I've somehow managed 20k+ posts on Whirlpool as well as significantly more than 40 posts on lots of other forums, it's not too difficult. And most of them weren't complete dribble either.

Many people that do think it's onerous are the type we are trying to discourage from selling here (ie people who come just to use OzGolf as a free eBay). The pro shop is a perk of contributing, not Gumtree. And people here are typically less inclined to buy from someone they don't know anyway.

I know that sometimes people work around the rule by posting for sale stuff in other places. Generally when it's happened in the past we have hidden those posts. This past week we let one slide because the person in question seemed to be making an effort to contribute. We really can't win when some people say it's too onerous and then other people say we shouldn't allow any leeway. Bottom line is we have clarified the rules a bit to try and close those loopholes and make it clearer what we're trying to achieve - again, based on feedback.

Please don't jump all over new members or be rude to them about it. If they're breaking the rules, report it and we'll deal with it. There really has been way too much of this lately and I feel like if it keeps going then I (and the other mods) might have to get the nazi mod jackboots out and start deleting a lot of posts.

If you are a new member and you want to complain about the rules, you can do it here but I think the majority of users here probably agree with the intent of the rule even if they may not necessarily entirely agree with the execution.

40 posts is fine, but 40 days???? People can rack up 20 posts on the other site in 10 minutes and advertise. As far as cliques or breaking into the inner circle, it's the same anywhere, even here and the other site. Realistically, if it's 40 posts only and you post and sell and only return every so often, what's wrong with that??? A lot of us don't have the time/environment to be surfing golf forum sites all day every day. And I'm sure you will agree that there are some bargains out here.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhelmo View Post
    40 posts is fine, but 40 days???? People can rack up 20 posts on the other site in 10 minutes and advertise. As far as cliques or breaking into the inner circle, it's the same anywhere, even here and the other site. Realistically, if it's 40 posts only and you post and sell and only return every so often, what's wrong with that??? A lot of us don't have the time/environment to be surfing golf forum sites all day every day. And I'm sure you will agree that there are some bargains out here.
    The intent of both days and posts is the same, to encourage contribution and community involvement. I would actually argue the 40 days is even more important than the post limit for that because as you say, Mr Powerseller could come and spam it up for 2 days then start flogging gear. We don't really want that and I don't think most users want that either. It's not a free for all. It's mates selling to mates, mostly. The prices (yes, there are bargains) reflect that. Why should someone who has just signed up get the benefit of that without having earned it?

We don't really want to talk about or make comparisons to the 'other site' if it's the one I think it is. We try and listen to everyone and make the best decision based on what is best for OzGolf, just because another site works one way doesn't mean it's right for here.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Blog Entries

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

@Yoss funny as

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information