Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

31 Points on Saturday. Reasonable conditions...just can't seem to get my head right.

Started the back 9 +1 after 4 holes and thought I bought my round back...11 points through 4 holes...16 total for the 9....*sigh*.

Putting stroke was feeling good and had around 5 putts where all members in the group though they where in half way down...to just miss or lip.

Senior Member Major Winner

Forgot to include my ANZAC Day round here.

Played at Dartmoor GC and managed to get a round in with my brother from Townsville, haven't played with him for at least 18 months.

Snap-hooked the living shit out of all day in the ambrose on Good Friday and it started the same way this day, a dirty smother hook to start the day (shotgun start on the 2nd). Chipped out, hit it to 5 feet from 70 out then proceeded to miss the hole by a foot with the putt. Piped driver / hybrid on the par 5 next and left my 8 foot eagle putt 6 inches short dead in the jaws. Hit 9 iron to 5 feet on the par 3 next and made the bird to be 1 under through 3. Parred 5, 3 putt bogeyed 6 from 15 feet before birdieing 7. Parred 8 then got on the bogey train for 9,10 and 11. Birdied 12, parred 13, bogeyed 14, parred 15, 16 and 17 before birdieing the par 5 18th. Made an awesome up 'n' down on 1 for a 72 off the bat (par 71) and 38 points. My brother, using my clubs, shot 74.

Vital stats
    35 - 37 = 72-3-69 (DSR 70 despite the next best score being 35 points, how the fruck does that work!?)
    5 birdies
    7 pars
    6 bogeys

9/14 fairways
    11/18 GIR
    31 Putts
    5 / 9 Up 'n' downs

Back down to 2.4, with 5 of my last 6 games flagged.

Gawd knows when my next game will be. Have to be some time in May for the fireball though, I suppose.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Single stableford at Mareeba GC with NK this morning.

Another sub-80 round (79, 35pts) which really should've been a couple lower if not for a brainfart jug on the 17th which ended in a double, and then a soft bogey to follow it on the last.

6 FIRs
    4 GIRs (could've sworn I hit more, but many were within a few inches of the putting surface)
    27 putts
    This was good enough for 2nd place. I won 4 Srixon Q-Stars, and promptly handed them to a junior I played with on Saturday.

I played the Mareeba Open (36 hole stroke event) over the weekend with Solarman.

Saturday was a disaster. Not one part of my game was working. I had no rhythm, no feel & consequently no confidence.

I chopped it around in 86/80, even with 2 birdies to soften the blow.
    5 FIRs
    6 GIRs
    32 Putts (even with a chip-in )

Sunday didn't start out any better. I scrambled just to make bogies and was +8 after the first 9. But then I got it into gear somewhat to go around the back in +2 with a double on 11, and was actually -1 for the last 6 holes. Unfortunately the damage was well & truly done by then.

82/76
    3 FIRs
    7 GIRs
    31 Putts
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by oncewasagolfer View Post
    Nice playing catch.
    Thanks mate .. and gratz on your "big" win and the 41pts!

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Played Royal Queensland yesterday. Course was in great condition and played quite long.
    Unfortunately the course schooled me. Hit it good off the tee but my short game has left me. 94 gross for a 88 nett (haha, yes I'm off 6).
    Fairways: 9/14
    Greens: 4/18
    Putts: 38

My first OzGolf day is coming up at Arundel and I'm looking good for the NAGA. Especially as I hear the greens are quick around there.

Member Monthly medal winner

Default Week commencing 21st April

In reference to earlier posts re lousy trophies it sounds like a mate of mine at Camden Haven years ago. He had a 62 nett and streeted the field. The club had a range of trophies they kept in a cupboard for unsponsored days. The captain dug out a BBQ set for his prize. On opening the trophy after presentation we discovered that the tongs and fork were missing - we presumed that some committeeman had "borrowed" them to help on the Sunday social club barbie. To add insult to injury he also lost 4 shots - all for half a BBQ set.
    Last edited by dunteachin; 28th April 2014 at 07:27 PM.

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Played Australian Foursomes at Federal on Sunday. First time I'd ever seen the place.

Partner and I had 76 67 to finish T5.

Scores were some of the lowest I'd seen ever for a foursomes. 64 67 won.

Will be remaining in Canberra for the Interstate Series starting Tuesday

Thread Information