Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41 81 86 87 88 89 90 91
Results 2,251 to 2,253 of 2253

Thread: Cricket 2014/15

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I only watched it up until the lunch interval. I struggle to be interested in ODIs, partly because we are crap in them, and partly because aside from in tournaments, every team is always rotating their players.

I'm guessing part of any strange decisions might be because Taylor was in charge instead of Morgan - not sure how much captaincy he's done before, but for England he hasn't done any.

I can only assume they opened the bowling with Topley instead of Wood because they wanted to look at him. I haven't seen anything of him myself, but I wasn't impressed from those few overs I saw.

Rashid is a funny one - I'm guessing they wanted to give him a go before it was too late, but he is pretty mercurial - but if you play him, you've got to bowl him I guess. There's a lot of talk about playing him in the test team, but I don't know that he really has the control - he'd work as a second spinner, but we've already got one of those in Moeen - what we need is a first spinner!

Having said all that, it is pretty hard to be too hard on the bowlers or even the decisions of which ones to use when they are trying to defend such an abject total in the first place. That didn't lose the game - it was the batting failures beforehand.

Reminded me a lot of when I'd be playing cricket back home and one team gets rolled quickly - there was often a 20 over "beer match" slogfest afterwards. The crowd would have loved that yesterday!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

So the test squad for the games against Bangladesh has been announced:

Batsmen: Bancroft, Burns, Khawaja, Smith, Voges, Marsh S
    All Rounders: Marsh M, Maxwell
    Wicketkeeper: Nevill
    Fast bowlers: Starc, Siddle, Cummins, Fekete
    Spinners: Lyon, O'Keefe

Headlines for me:

Voges as vice captain - looks like a couple of OK innings at the end of the Ashes has saved him, possibly because Warner is injured?
    Shaun Marsh retained, but will he play? Which batsman (or batsmen if they go with both allrounders) will miss out?
    Fekete - At 30, an interesting selection. He may have taken a lot of shield wickets and done well for Aus A, but all the angst over whether to ditch Siddle or not, and he is the same age...

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I've got a feeling Vogues has a bit to offer yet. Really liked the looks of him and how he was adapting the last couple of bats. I's say SOS will be vying for an opening position against the youngsters.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Thread Information