Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default Waddzy's Horror show

Given the fact I have no idea what im doing with swinging a club of late I am heading to get some more lessons off my pro.. we have worked on a few minor fixes but I think after plummeting to a 10.5 cap now Im stuck with a swing that cant take me much lower so a full re vamp might be in order.

Over the past 6 months or so I have lost a massive amount of distance, probably increased accuracy a bit but struggling big time with the distances I have into greens. I hit the ball a mile too high and struggle into wind having to hit a 4i to go 150m into a slight breeze..

Heres some videos would like to see if anyone has had similar issues and can potentially suggest a few things I can trial on the range. Will be seeing my pro within the next 4 weeks or so. I think I have a problem taking it too far inside but dont know much about swings myself.

6i from behind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4PBQD8ET0U

driver from behind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcpMNT4BRvg

driver from in front

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5jl6pfBp8Q

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I would just try to fix your back swing you suck your arms back behind you instead of keeping your hands in front of your chest

Your left hand grip is a bit weak, i think you loose distance from what I see from good players is that on your back swing everything Turns onto your right side. Pro's don't seem to turn the bottom half of there body as much but still turn the top half which allows
    Them to unwind quicker...= more power, more distance

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

i could be wrong here, but it looks like when u draw the club back, your almost drawing it sideways, not upwards? if that makes any sence..
    WITB:
    titliest 910d3 9.5* stiff
    Titliest 910f 13.5* stiff
    Adams 20* w/ matrix ozik stiff
    Titliest ap1 710 4-pw
    Titliest vokey 50*
    Cleveland cg15 56* satin black
    Cleveland 588 rtx 60* silver
    Ping Pal4 with super stroke 3.0

Ball: titliest nxt tour

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Looks like you need to get out of your own way, and give yourself some room to swing. You need to learn about the Runner's Stance;

http://www.secretinthedirt.com/index...ce-episode-318

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I love watching old guys like that give advice.
    Some of it may not be applicable anymore, but I still like to listen to what they have to say.
    That tip was very useful....

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Looks like you need to get out of your own way, and give yourself some room to swing. You need to learn about the Runner's Stance;

http://www.secretinthedirt.com/index...ce-episode-318
    Thanks Daves for the link, makes sense that set up, the first coach I went to had me setting up like that when I first started hitting the ball better I have obviously gone a long way from that set up now but . If the rain clears up I will be trying that at the range this arvo. Should help give a bit of power into the left side too.

I went to a Martin Ayers clinic a few years ago, and he had us drilling the Runners Stance by facing our feet pretty much parallel with the target line. I will see if I can find a relevant Ayers video for you.

Try this as an introduction;

This link will cycle through the full 30 parts of Martin's DOCF video. The first couple are probably the most relevant to the Runner's Stance.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Hey Waddzy, good to see your post! There are a few little issues going on the require some work with your pro. Shouldnt take much to improve your swing plane and learning release the club through the ball. Keep up the playing and look forward to seeing you posts in "what did you shoot" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WHERE'S WALLY View Post
    Your left hand grip is a bit weak, i think you loose distance from what I see from good players is that on your back swing everything Turns onto your right side. Pro's don't seem to turn the bottom half of there body as much but still turn the top half which allows
    Them to unwind quicker...= more power, more distance
    cool name WW!

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I went to a Martin Ayers clinic a few years ago, and he had us drilling the Runners Stance by facing our feet pretty much parallel with the target line. I will see if I can find a relevant Ayers video for you.
    I think Gary Player kicks his left knee as a trigger to start his swing....seemed to work for his career.

Member Teaching Pro

Waddzy. I have just gone through a full swing rebuild as I had lost my way (cap went from 3.5 to 6.2 and was not looking like it would stop) My problems were I was taking the club back way to far on the inside like you look to be doing. What I worked on was setting up with my back about 50cm from a wall and making practise swings to correct the flat takeaway. What I was also doing was coming a little over the top on the downswing which caused a slight out to in swing path. to correct that I set up a few tees just outside the ball to help guide my club head into the ball.
    My ball flight is now higher and where I was starting the ball slightly to the left now I am starting it on line or slightly to the right and can then just work it either way.

Last Saturday it finally came together with a even par round. I hit 15 greens in reg and was only let down by 3 three putts on the wet greens.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Waddzy's swing is a bit unorthodox but there are ways to say it and ways not to say it.

Realistically who cares so long as it's repeatable and I can honestly say he keeps it in play a lot more than I do....
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Jim Furyk gets fair results too.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Alrighty, enough of this nonsense. And that goes for other threads too.

Irrelevant posts have been deleted.

Nice work KJ....

Oh, and Wadzzy just keep at it.
    Get that putter bent yet?

Well this thread got interesting quickly.. not bent yet L. Looking around for someone decent I can trust to do club work now.. Not too keen on going to my pro shop due to lack of knowledge/quality work.. and also toying up with going back to the TM ghost spider putter for a few weeks and seeing if that helps at all.

Also looking at the idea of getting lessons from another coach. I am spewing my original coach moved to Sydney to coach and and I find the difference in lessons I get from the pro at our club possibly not as helpful.. more quick fixing. Nothing I can really take away and work on.

Who moved to SYdney?

Stuart McPhie, used to own the driving range down the road from me and I originally had lessons with him. He moved away and I started getting lessons from my club pro instead and although he is a great coach I think I may be able to get better help for my $$ as he is more into simple fixes of problems , where as I am more hoping to work on building a better swing instead of the rubbish I do now.. I will see but. Stu is now at Lynwood I think going from his facebook.
    Last edited by Waddzy; 3rd April 2014 at 01:57 PM.

Member Teaching Pro

Waddzy come and see David Nable at Lakelands, a great coach and a go bloke. If you want I would be happy to shout you a couple a buckets of balls one afternoon or even a quick nine at Lakelands

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    Waddzy come and see David Nable at Lakelands, a great coach and a go bloke. If you want I would be happy to shout you a couple a buckets of balls one afternoon or even a quick nine at Lakelands
    Echoing Looney's words, I've known Dave for a long time and he's a coach that will work with your swing and not some preconceived idea on what the perfect swing should be.

And the boys have the range looking a picture at the moment so get down there soon... And let me know when, this paying for range balls is foreign to me!
    Titleist 913 D3 w/UST V2 79g
    Nickent Rescue 14 degree w/IROD S
    Maxfli Revolutions 3-PW
    Scotty Cameron Sante Fe II
    52, 56, 60 TaylorMade Rac Wedges

Golflink

Thread Information