Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50
Results 1,226 to 1,236 of 1236
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default 2014 OZgolf Virtual Fireball, Winner - markTHEblake!

Please submit your entries to my mobile number, or the new fireball email address: fireball@ozgolf.net

It's time again, ladies and gents. You loved the format, you hated that SMS316 won it, its the 2014 OZgolf virtual Fireball!
    Official rules:
    - Max. 32 competitors.
    - 1 round per calendar month for 7 months.
    - First 3 rounds are round robin in randomly sorted groups of 4. Remaining rounds are modified knockout.
    - Each must submit one round per month, to be nominated in the thread prior to teeing off.
    - Nominated round can be played at any course, but must be an individual event (stroke, par or stableford).
    - Nominated round must be a Golflink comp, and GL no. provided for confirmation.
    - Entry for each round must include the following details:
    • Course
    • Date
    • Par of each hole
    • Index of each hole
    • DSR
    • Handicap played off on the day
    • Golflink number
    • Gross scores on each hole
    Easiest way would be to send a photo of the actual scorecard.
    - All matches start at 1st hole, regardless of order holes were actually played.
    - Standard matchplay index will be used.

Please don't enter unless you're sure you can play one round a month, I'd love to have minimal walkovers this comp please.

Please note: New rule coming into effect from this month on:
    * Cards must be submitted by 11:59pm, on the 1st of the next month, else you WILL be disqualified.

Rd 4 Head-to-Head Matchplay draw:

Draw for Rd 4.jpg

Hogan bracket:
    1. G.K.
    2. Titleist
    3. backintheswing
    4. LeftyHoges

Nicklaus bracket:
    5. BenM
    6. Hocko
    7. Johnny Canuck
    8. Buzz

Player bracket:
    9. Daves
    10. markTHEblake
    11. Jackson
    12. live4golf

Snead bracket:
    13. HatchmanSS76
    14. Ashes
    15. peter_rs
    16. Coffs Hacker

Palmer bracket:
    17. KristianJ
    18. mrbluu
    19. Waddzy
    20. AndyP

Hagen bracket:
    21. sms316
    22. dc68
    23. Monsta65
    24. Larrylong

Faldo bracket:
    25. PeteyD
    26. Jarro
    27. wbennett
    28. Marto65

Ballesteros bracket:
    29. Courty
    30. Dotty
    31. Shadesy
    32. 3puttpete
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 8th October 2014 at 12:46 PM. Reason: dc68 subbed in for Simmsy
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Good work, Blakey. Someone has to knock Bradbury off...

I'm rebooting the old monthly mug and renaming it OZgolfer of the Week...I said I'd kick it off with the Virtual Matchplay winner.

You already have a monthly mug thread but if anything in it has changed, you're welcome to have a second shot at it. Format will be identical.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...er-of-the-week

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...3-marktheblake (your old one for reference).

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I would like to thank my mother for her love and support, my coaches Grant Garrison & Marty Ayers, my kids for telling my wife I am at work on my days off, my wife for not bothering me at work on my days off, Leftyhoges for running an awesome event, so much better than the crappy first edition we had, this is way better as it doesnt rely on one lucky round to beat everyone, and for making sure SMS316 couldnt win it, Lagerlover for being himself and my confidant, Perry See Hoe for designing for me and easy course to play on, the 4-6 shot handicap adjustments against me clearly were not enough, AndyP for making the forum internet thingy work so well, Golfer69 and Shavey for being the first strangers to meet up with in carparks back in year 2000 kicking off the online meeting phenomem for axe murderers, Gary Tozer the master craftsman for assembling the finest set of clubs ever made, Ralph Maltby for designing the best heads ever made, Gerry Hogan for designing the best shafts ever made, the McConchie brothers for making the best grips every made, i have no idea who made my ferrules, Waddzy for being a champion opponent, its pretty hard to have that many quads in a single round, SMS316 and Leftyhoges for playing out some 'thrilling' final round matches if indeed they were live, whoever gave me an almost gave me a 10/8 win, sorry I cant remember who that was, The Champ for not playing (he cant have played, at right?), Solarman and Hayesy for doing the draw, and dont worry I dont hold a grudge(usually), Ashes, we cant have winner if nobody gets the spoon, Gold Coast driving range Helensvale for providing decent balls, mats and mosquito repellant, the Pawan Hujan (rain doctor man) for keeping the rain away from me, Thousands for Balls man for giving me nice srixons to play with, Ferrins for reminding me that I am not insane, Shazza for reminding me to 'go forth and multiply blakey' whatever that means, Henno for protecting Narhwahls, the english language and the unsuspecting public from journalists (isnt he a journalist), and Richard Attenborough for his tips on how to prepare good acceptance speeches.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Didn't even know this thing was on...

congratulations I s'pose.
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    You already have a monthly mug thread but if anything in it has changed, you're welcome to have a second shot at it. Format will be identical

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...3-marktheblake (your old one for reference).
    Only this, and the photo hasnt changed either.

Current handicap: 3.9
    Lowest ever handicap: 1.6
    Dream handicap: 1.4?
    How long have you played golf: 35 years, took less than 3 years to lose 27 shots (from 32), then 10 to lose another, then another 21 to lose two more. I guess its about time I improved.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

The speech of a Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I would like to thank my mother for her love and support, my coaches Grant Garrison & Marty Ayers, my kids for telling my wife I am at work on my days off, my wife for not bothering me at work on my days off, Leftyhoges for running an awesome event, so much better than the crappy first edition we had, this is way better as it doesnt rely on one lucky round to beat everyone, and for making sure SMS316 couldnt win it, Lagerlover for being himself and my confidant, Perry See Hoe for designing for me and easy course to play on, the 4-6 shot handicap adjustments against me clearly were not enough, AndyP for making the forum internet thingy work so well, Golfer69 and Shavey for being the first strangers to meet up with in carparks back in year 2000 kicking off the online meeting phenomem for axe murderers, Gary Tozer the master craftsman for assembling the finest set of clubs ever made, Ralph Maltby for designing the best heads ever made, Gerry Hogan for designing the best shafts ever made, the McConchie brothers for making the best grips every made, i have no idea who made my ferrules, Waddzy for being a champion opponent, its pretty hard to have that many quads in a single round, SMS316 and Leftyhoges for playing out some 'thrilling' final round matches if indeed they were live, whoever gave me an almost gave me a 10/8 win, sorry I cant remember who that was, The Champ for not playing (he cant have played, at right?), Solarman and Hayesy for doing the draw, and dont worry I dont hold a grudge(usually), Ashes, we cant have winner if nobody gets the spoon, Gold Coast driving range Helensvale for providing decent balls, mats and mosquito repellant, the Pawan Hujan (rain doctor man) for keeping the rain away from me, Thousands for Balls man for giving me nice srixons to play with, Ferrins for reminding me that I am not insane, Shazza for reminding me to 'go forth and multiply blakey' whatever that means, Henno for protecting Narhwahls, the english language and the unsuspecting public from journalists (isnt he a journalist), and Richard Attenborough for his tips on how to prepare good acceptance speeches.
    Where's Kanye when you need him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Where's Kanye when you need him?
    Where's the like button, when you need one?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Hopefully it's not too early after Vic Champs to ask, but are there plans to do a 2015 edition, Lefty?

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    Hopefully it's not too early after Vic Champs to ask, but are there plans to do a 2015 edition, Lefty?
    There are but it'll be a different format ie. Not as long. Will sort over the next month or two.
    GolfMap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    There are but it'll be a different format ie. Not as long. Will sort over the next month or two.
    Will there be more flexibility around when a round can be played? For example, nominating two dates within a two month period, instead of having to play within a calendar month. I quite often have more than a month away from golf, but also have periods where I play on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Will there be more flexibility around when a round can be played? For example, nominating two dates within a two month period, instead of having to play within a calendar month. I quite often have more than a month away from golf, but also have periods where I play on a regular basis.
    Quite possible, the concept is still very much in alpha stage, but I was also thinking about that and I can't see that being a problem.
    GolfMap

Thread Information