Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Toll Roads & ETags

ozgolfers,

I am commencing a new job on Monday, and for the first time in a very long time I am supplying my own car. So I have now purchased a vehicle and have arranged most things, but now just getting around to tolls.

From what I can see, Go-Between & Clem7 have one toll provider, then Gateway has a different one and Airport Link has another one. I understand if you get a tag from any of these, they work on the others anyway - but is there any reason to go with one over the other?

Do you get charged the same amount no matter which provider you use?

All seems a bit strange to me I guess given they're privatised, there is no point in having a monopolised environment in toll collections?
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I am pretty sure the tags works nationally as well. There is no difference in charges as far as I am aware. I have one from Govia; https://www.govia.com.au/via/home/
    Last edited by Daves; 3rd July 2013 at 09:15 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

i have the go via one also and it works in sydney and melbourne also. Same charges im pretty sure.

just discovered my wife has one through Airport Link, so I might just add my vehicle to that account and order a tag if prices are all the same
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Norman View Post
    just discovered my wife has one through Airport Link, so I might just add my vehicle to that account and order a tag if prices are all the same
    That would be the simplest way, then you only have one account replenishment direct debit and one account statement to deal with.

Senior Member Major Winner

According to airportlink, if you have an account with another toll operator "additional fees may apply"

I have one from CityLink in Melbourne and it works in Sydney and other places and there is no additional charges. So I guess there is no advantage / disadvantage with any particular one.
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

Senior Member Major Winner

You wacky people and your fees to use roads
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

How come we need the silly beeping thing in our cars when they send us a bill if we drive through the toll without one?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    How come we need the silly beeping thing in our cars when they send us a bill if we drive through the toll without one?
    They charge you extra fees to 1) id your number plate and 2) send you each bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    They charge you extra fees to 1) id your number plate and 2) send you each bill.
    Not in Logan. Most use false plates there. Saves on fuel and tolls and leaves more for booze and ciggies
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

There wouldn't be many registered cars in Logan anyway. Mostly people just have a wreck on their front lawn?
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap