Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

View Poll Results: Are shanks funny?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks Are Funny

6 13.64%
  • Shanks Are Bloody Funny

38 86.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1930
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    PeteyD on the 15th at Redland Bay. After hitting it long and straight off the tee his wedge approach shanks hard and flies towards out of bounds 40 metres to the right. It hits a tree solid in the middle and flies back at PeteyD to finish maybe a couple of metres away from his feet.

It was a spectacular shank.

But sadly not the worst shot of the day...
    True dat. I hit one with my wedge approach into 18, stopped just short of OB near the cart shed. Nearly made the U & D, for a truly dismal net 86.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Had one today

Blade tee shot on the par 3 13th, but it somehow managed to trickle into greenside bunker front right.

Took too much sand next shot, left it in the bunker, now it's on the upslope at the front of the trap.

Next one was the doozy, good, solid bunker shank, one of those ones that goes low (like skinny low) - almost hit a playing partner, ricocheted off his buggy and finished 3 or 4 metres at the back right of the green.

It was ok. Walked up, hit a perfect chip that rolled and rolled all the way down the hill and into the hole for an easy 4/2.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Like your style Ben that would be a real head spin for an opponent in match play!

Played with a guy the other week he was 1under around the front nine playing off 13. 26pts.

Word spread and by the time we were on the tenth guys coming down the other fairways were geeing him up.
    Well slowly it fell apart. He just started taking that little bit longer over his shots and what was piss easy on the front nine all of a sudden was very difficult. We've all been there.

The coup d'état came on the last hole a long par 4 in front of the green for 2, easy chip and at this stage only 8pts on the back 9. Needs a 2pointer to play to handicap. Shanks the chip nearly takes my kneecap out and lands in bunker. Wipes the hole.

I only had 20pts 10each nine but not feeling as bad as a guy who had 1under on the front nine. What a crazy game we play
    Last edited by highballin; 24th May 2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Language

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

A playing partner the other day did one on the second and followed that up with a few more throughout the day.

Worst thing is he kept saying it over and over again all bloody day long!

I then did my first one in months on the 17, was 20m off the green for 2 on a par 5 and flew one past a partners leg onto a bunker and wiped the hole and missed playing to my handicap by a point!

I'll avoid him on the booking sheet like a plague

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by SirTop View Post
    A playing partner the other day did one on the second and followed that up with a few more throughout the day.

Worst thing is he kept saying it over and over again all bloody day long!

I then did my first one in months on the 17, was 20m off the green for 2 on a par 5 and flew one past a partners leg onto a bunker and wiped the hole and missed playing to my handicap by a point!

I'll avoid him on the booking sheet like a plague
    That is awesome, you have graduated from blaming your equipment to blaming your playing partners!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    That is awesome, you have graduated from blaming your equipment to blaming your playing partners!!!!
    Ha ha, bugger off

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by SirTop View Post
    A playing partner the other day did one on the second and followed that up with a few more throughout the day.Worst thing is he kept saying it over and over again all bloody day long!I then did my first one in months on the 17, was 20m off the green for 2 on a par 5 and flew one past a partners leg onto a bunker and wiped the hole and missed playing to my handicap by a point!I'll avoid him on the booking sheet like a plague
    Name and shame, I'll avoid him also!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Name and shame, I'll avoid him also!
    In private, I'll pm you

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Gold!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

First iron shot of pennant. Drove into a hazard, lob wedged to middle of fairway. Shank right into a huge bush.

Banned

Had three on Saturday. Classic short iron shank with a 9 iron from the middle of the 14th fairway, over trees to the front of the 13th tee. Pitched it over the green from there to wipe the hole. Then had 2 in a row on the 18th. Pin high left for three (par 5) about 30m from the green. 4th shot straight off the hosel (and I mean I got all of it) back to about 10m shot of the green. Then another one straight into the right side green side bunker for 5. Wipe from there. Not a great way to end the round. Trying to get the memory out of my head.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Had three on Saturday. Classic short iron shank with a 9 iron from the middle of the 14th fairway, over trees to the front of the 13th tee. Pitched it over the green from there to wipe the hole. Then had 2 in a row on the 18th. Pin high left for three (par 5) about 30m from the green. 4th shot straight off the hosel (and I mean I got all of it) back to about 10m shot of the green. Then another one straight into the right side green side bunker for 5. Wipe from there. Not a great way to end the round. Trying to get the memory out of my head.
    Where's the like button.

Feel cleansed in now it's out in the open?
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Hi.

I had a good start to my round, but had started to falter. A good tee shot on the 9th had me in a good spot to pitch and maybe make birdie. Instead a lovely hosel glance had me trying to chip over a bunker, with my backswing hindered by a tree. I just got away with a sand save bogey.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

1st tee at The Vintage...5 iron in hand, intent was to hit a simple draw and leave myself a gap wedge in.

Result: ball in water via a ricochet from a tree in general shank territory.

Cue the video, whenever Binh decides to upload it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HatchmanSS76 View Post
    Where's the like button.

Feel cleansed in now it's out in the open?
    Still haven't got it out of my system. Three shanks in the first 2 holes on Saturday. Nearly killed 2 of my playing partners with my second shot on our first hole if the day. 7 iron straight off the hosel (I mean there was a dimple print square on the hosel) went whistling straight past their heads. Not good.

Default Shanks by OZgolfers

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Still haven't got it out of my system. Three shanks in the first 2 holes on Saturday. Nearly killed 2 of my playing partners with my second shot on our first hole if the day. 7 iron straight off the hosel (I mean there was a dimple print square on the hosel) went whistling straight past their heads. Not good.
    Did you or anyone one else laugh? Even if not outwardly some one was giggling inwardly
    They are p!$$ funny after all.

I had 2 on the weekend (forgot to post here but cleansed myself somewhere else) and had a good old laugh after each one and stocked up on Jimmy cans 2 holes later with 12 holes to go.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 30th June 2015 at 03:40 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    1st tee at The Vintage...5 iron in hand, intent was to hit a simple draw and leave myself a gap wedge in.

Result: ball in water via a ricochet from a tree in general shank territory.

Cue the video, whenever Binh decides to upload it.
    Yep got the video, and I will upload it when I get a chance.

I also had one just before meeting SMS....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HatchmanSS76 View Post
    Did you or anyone one else laugh? Even if not outwardly some one was giggling inwardly
    They are p!$$ funny after all.

I had 2 on the weekend (forgot to post here but cleansed myself somewhere else) and had a good old laugh after each one and stocked up on Jimmy cans 2 holes later with 12 holes to go.
    I laughed after the first one but by the third one in two holes I wasn't laughing as much. I'm sure the boys I was playing with were having a little chuckle to themselves. Went out yesterday arvo for a few hoes and the first iron shot after a flushed tee shot was a full hosel rocket. Went about 50m straight right. Laughed my ass off.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Yep got the video, and I will upload it when I get a chance.

I also had one just before meeting SMS....
    Yes...yes you did!

Yes, sometimes my lyrics are sexist
    But you lovely bitches and hoes should know I'm trying to correct this.

KJ's Shank

That was quality! Can now say of the 5 different partners I have had on Sunday NSW champs, 2 have ripped massive shanks. This was the second best of those 2.

Great sound

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    That was quality! Can now say of the 5 different partners I have had on Sunday NSW champs, 2 have ripped massive shanks. This was the second best of those 2.
    And I was almost killed by the other one.

I almost got killed by one yesty.

My mate 2putts says to me as we are standing 40 degrees right of another guy in our group, jeez I hope he doesn't shank this. Bam, shot flies past my head at about 50 degrees right of where the guy is coming.

I blame 2putts for the bad juju.

Thread Information