Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    movin' to the country gunna eat me alot of peaches.

Default Week Commencing 27 February 2012

Thought I would start a new thread to keep the mods happy..... Had a hit today in the wednesday comp. Two words, WASTED OPPORTUNITY!Had 78 off the bat for 35 pts, 21 front 14 back. Last 5 holes in 4 over really hurt. Two 3 putts on the back nine (one from being a little to casual after a near miss ). Hit the ball pretty well, without it being fantastic. Chipped really well and drove the ball well for 11/14 fairways and 29 putts. Actually putted really well for the first 2/3 of the round, but over the last 6 holes just started too miss a little. Next round at reddie bay on friday.
    Last edited by popper81; 1st March 2012 at 01:53 PM.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

All I could play right now in Canberra is Bog Snorkling.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    All I could play right now in Canberra is Bog Snorkling.
    Sounds like a sport Yoss would be great at

Quote Originally Posted by popper81 View Post
    Had a hit today in the wednesday comp.

Heard a vicious rumour you're spending way to much time at the golf course and not enough time studying...

"That former Solahart manager is so overbearing and intimidating"."

Quote Originally Posted by haysey View Post
    Heard a vicious rumour you're spending way to much time at the golf course and not enough time studying...
    Very true.... No rumours, all truth. Study is overated!!! Need to be careful though, all this practice has got me a call up to the div 1 team!

Played in a handicapped 2 ball ambrose event at Royal Fremantle on Sunday with my brother....we ended up finishing 2 under the card after playing some outstanding golf between us (there was also some crap shots but we covered each others bad shots well).

It was probably one of my best putting performances EVER making 3 out of the 5 birdies from 15+ footers on quick greens, the other 2 were 10 footers. You know you're both playing good golf when it's hard to decide which ball to take for the shot into the green.
    Double on the 8th par 3 hurt and we thought that was going to spoil our chances.

We knew we had a chance of finishing in the top 3 but we were still shocked when they called out our names.
    Awesome day of golf and really happy I got to share it with my brother who introduced me to the game 4-5 years ago.

EDIT. We did win it.
    Last edited by Golfnut; 29th February 2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Forgot the good bit.......DOH!
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut View Post
    Played in a handicapped 2 ball ambrose event at Royal Fremantle on Sunday with my brother....we ended up finishing 2 under the card after playing some outstanding golf between us (there was also some crap shots but we covered each others bad shots well).

It was probably one of my best putting performances EVER making 3 out of the 5 birdies from 15+ footers on quick greens, the other 2 were 10 footers. You know you're both playing good golf when it's hard to decide which ball to take for the shot into the green.
    Double on the 8th par 3 hurt and we thought that was going to spoil our chances.

We knew we had a chance of finishing in the top 3 but we were still shocked when they called out our names.
    Awesome day of golf and really happy I got to share it with my brother who introduced me to the game 4-5 years ago.
    CBC footy club?

CBC Old Boys Business Club (affiliated with the CBC Cricket Club)
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

GN. Did you win? Maybe I skim read and missed it.

Yeah we did.....thought I typed that bit........DOH!
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Nice work mate. Congrats!

Member Club Pro

Well I played comp today at Kwinana. Wasn't my best day and did not feel like I was hitting the ball well at all and from what I can recall I only hit 1 fairway!! But still managed to come in with 35 points. Handicap is now down to 18.8 from a 24.1 that it started at almost 2 months ago so pretty happy as it was my aim to be down to 18 by next weekend so got another couple of rounds to get it down another 0.4.

Day was highlighted by a chip in from down in a gully on the 4th by me for birdie. Rest of the day was pretty average!

Member Trainee Pro
    Blog Entries

Monday 27th played in round one of Southern Ports Golf Week at Kingston SE. Ragged on the green with putting cost me dearly and even then kept my game together well enough until the 18th hole and a 3 over 8. Has me sitting in 20th spot 11 behind the leader in nett score. Not too bad a place, not much different to where I was placed in 2011 albeit in B grade. With two more rounds to go I am still in with a chance at climbing into a placing.

Wednesday 29th
    Round two of Southern Ports Golf Week at Beachport. On the bright side one stroke better than the rd 1 but 91 gross for 78 nett was not good enough. Wayward drives and below average putting added on that 10 strokes too many. “Bugga!”

Round 3 at the home track at Robe on Friday will be my next chance to get a good score on the board. The social side ofthe tournament is a big bonus with the Heywood Golfers in fine form as usual and always great to catch up with familiar faces from previous years.
    Last edited by Talart; 1st March 2012 at 08:39 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Play-Y...08017032583995
    You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?
    The Mighty Boosh

"as long as the ball goes forward, I'm happy"
    http://the-penguin-hunter-diaries.blogspot.com/

A pickup game at Peninsula South in a 4-6 club wind and it seems that 12 holes of the South course play directly into today's wind. An utter slog.

25 points wasn't too bad considering but I'm not a fan of balls wandering around on greens unaided or plumes of sand coming out of bunkers.
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Sea Temple with the 69er today in a single stab off the tips.

The course was extremely wet underfoot so there was zero run. That was somewhat offset by slower, more receptive greens. The only real play of note was 69ers back-to-back birds on 10 & 11 (the 11th was his second chip-in of the day ), followed by my back-to-back birds on 12 & 13.

Stats here. It shows as 35 pts, but I actually had 33. I think it's done that because the rating is 73 from the blues.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Member Club Pro

77nett (95 gross). 49front, 45back.
    7FW/4GIR, 5pars and 1 chip in birdie.
    Horrible day with the driver, was always in trees having to try to get back out onto the FW. The FW's I hit were from my 3wood on the shorter holes.
    A slightly better day for me with the putter (but still bad), 37 putts - 4x3 putts and 1x4 putt.

Individual stroke in Mareeba this morning with Haysey, Solarman & Golfer69.

I went +4 in the first 3 holes & thought my round was done, but consolidated and shot +1 for the remaining 15 holes with 2 birdies, and two more lip-outs for birdie. 77/70 (par 72).

More importantly, I played solid down the stretch for the match win against Haysey & Golfer69. I was most determined to do so seeing as Rich accused me of choking in his 1 up win over me yesterday.

So my last 4 consecutive rounds are in my top 8, and I'll be on my lowest handicap in over 4 years (6.6).

Stats here.
    Last edited by Courty; 3rd March 2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Score

Member Trainee Pro
    Blog Entries

Form returned in the final Southern Ports round at Robe with an 82 Gross, Nett 69 with 28 putts at Robe. Lost on a countback for the round nett but 2nd place was fine by me and a great finish to the week. The Tournament winner was Mark Pretty after a 2 hole playoff with Ben Slack as runner up.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Play-Y...08017032583995
    You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?
    The Mighty Boosh

"as long as the ball goes forward, I'm happy"
    http://the-penguin-hunter-diaries.blogspot.com/

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Monthly Medal at Windaroo.
    Started off in the rain and for most of the first 9 it hung around.

Didn't really strike the ball terribly well, but did enough, and hit some good shots where it counted.
    Really hit my short irons pretty well, and managed to keep the ball in play all round - no hazards, no OOB, NO LOST BALLS! It was one pretty banged up Wilson FG Tour by the end of the round.

Anyway, 86 Gross for a Nett 68. Happy days, will be a played to 13 in GolfLink, and will drop me to 16.7 (17).

Finally a decent round....
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by timah! View Post
    Monthly Medal at Windaroo.
    Started off in the rain and for most of the first 9 it hung around.

Didn't really strike the ball terribly well, but did enough, and hit some good shots where it counted.
    Really hit my short irons pretty well, and managed to keep the ball in play all round - no hazards, no OOB, NO LOST BALLS! It was one pretty banged up Wilson FG Tour by the end of the round.

Anyway, 86 Gross for a Nett 68. Happy days, will be a played to 13 in GolfLink, and will drop me to 16.7 (17).

Finally a decent round....
    Well done, Timah. I blame you for the wet round, since you were talking up having a dry monthly medal. Unless you meant not drinking any alcohol during the round?

Nice one with the low handicap, Courty. I think you are beyond me at 6.6. It seems like yesterday that you were bitching about playing terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Nice one with the low handicap, Courty. I think you are beyond me at 6.6. It seems like yesterday that you were bitching about playing terribly.
    Thx. It was actually just over a fortnight ago.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Monthly Medal

92/75 Sh*t day all round. Started on the 10th (par 3) and proceeded to have a massive slice to put me just as far from the hole. Did that again twice more on par 3's!!!!

1 Bird, 4 pars and plenty of crap!!! Just a bad all round!! Only upside was the putting was pretty good!
    Ronny's Golflink

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Monthly medal, choked for an 11 over 77 (I'm playing at Jindalee again). I was 3 over the front, and 4 over the back until I finished double double. That 13 handicap I've held for a week is gone!
    TM R1 - Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TXTaylor Made 200 Tour 15 Prolite 35X Taylor Made 300Forged 2 Iron Rifle 6.0 Nike Victory Red TW 3-PW Project X 6.0 Nike VR 52°, Vokey SM7 58/12Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Prototype Cameron Long Neck

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Vines Stableford Comp. 33 pts (80 gross).

4 birdies, 6 pars, 4 bogies, 4 doubles.

6/14 fairways, 7/18 greens, 28 x putts, 1 x putt-inski, 3 x 3-putts (from inside 30ft).

The two-month tradition continues: If it's not a few 3-putt greens it's 4 hooked drives. If it's not a few missed 5 foot putts, its a few horrible lies around the greens or in a bunker - this is GOLF as frustrating as it can be... these are the periods where practicing I think isn't going to help to fix the issue. All one can do is ride this out...

The last 4/5 rounds now I've failed to score in the 70's but feel I'm hitting the ball solidly about 90% of the time, but am just being severely penalised at the moment for about 4-5 average shots a game. And the bad shots dont even have to be THAT bad. The majority have been teeshots where for some reason (even though I get the club to the top of the backswing and keep everything still over the ball) my body then simply forgets to rotate through the ball - results in the infamous 'hit from the top' that goes over the top, sending mr golfball left. In trying to keep the head, knees and lower half stable (as another tendancy I have is to sway), the body freezes on the downswing and wont pivot quick enough to clear the left side.

But a good round is surely coming: If I can go out there this coming tues/wed after having 4 birdies today, the consistently should go up a notch.

Jetspeed 9.5 Fubuki Zeta Tour 60g S
    Jetspeed 15 Matrix VeloxT 65g S
    Jetspeed 3 hyb 19 Matrix VeloxT 69g S
    CG588 4i-PW TT Action Lite 85 R
    RTX588 48/8, 54/8 and 60/8 TT Action Light
    Ghost Tour Putter
    Project a
    http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapH..._no=6011993172

Played the last two days at Reddie Bay. Yesterday in the black marker challange, today as a fill in for Mt Warren Div 1 side.

Friday: 83/78 - Not a overly bad day. just got on the bogey train on the back nine for a 38/45 split. Hit some good shots and hit some bad shots. Had 33 putts, which in the end, was the deal breaker. Drove well for a few holes, hit some shockers as well. Ball striking is improving, but still some puss as well.

Saturday: 80 today and a 2up win. Hit the ball better, with out being fantastic. Driver was awesome and woeful at the same time. Conditions today were much tougher than Friday, with wind and rain at times. As some of you would know, once the wind gets up and Redland Bay it can be a four club difference. Putted ok, but did miss a couple you need to make on days liek this. Manage to make three big birdies, the highlight being a 4 iron on the 15th to 10ft to go 2up.

Next game is tomorrow morning, pennants again, this time div 2.

Thread Information